Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Working Girl and Rolling Over

I have recently gone back to work and have the luxary of taking Evie with me. It is a wonderful blessing to be able to have her with me throughout the day, instead of wondering how she is doing and missing her. This means that my office has been taken over by baby furniture and accoutrements, but it is certainly worth it.





So, today is a prime reason why I chose to take her to work with me. She began to roll over today! I had her on a blow-up bed (a co-worker had to spend the night at the office) and she pushed off her left side from her stomach and flipped over onto her back. I nearly lost my mind with excitement. She did it two more times. When I finally regained the presence of mind to get the camera, she was too tired to roll over anymore, and instead looked steadily at the camera. If she had been at a babysitter's or at daycare, I would have missed this amazing moment! Here she is, in the aftermath of the historic rolling over, too worn out to practice any more skills.


Tired from exercising her ability to roll over, she is instead working on a deep nap.


Her other work is learning to stick her fingers in her mouth. She will only ask for the pacifier sometimes, like when she is trying to fall asleep. Other times, she is just interested in her hand. Or, she will switch it up, sucking first on her hand and then switching to a pacifier before falling asleep. We are about to leave for the day. She likes to suck when she gets into the car seat, in preparation of the anticipated car nap.

1 comment:

Old Lace said...

Hi Tim and Doris!
Evie is getting bigger and lovelier by the minute :) God willing we see her and get to hold her this summer. Take care and God bless.
Much love,
Aileen