Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Smell of Victory!

I have been meaning to post an update on the potty training.  You may be tired of hearing how often my daughter pees on the floor rather than in the potty, and I can sympathize with you because I am tired of it too.  If you don't want to read any further, feel free to look at the slideshow I just posted below.  However, if you are the tiniest bit interested, check this out:



This past Monday, Evie wore her Disney princesses panties all day WITHOUT A SINGLE ACCIDENT. This success was due in large part to the long list of warnings I gave her that morning when she decided it would be a diaper-less day, and when she realized that there were no more pull-ups in her diapers basket.  As far she knows, I made good on my promise not to buy any more diapers after we ran out (little does she know I am hiding my "insurance" pack of diapers in my dresser drawer).  Some other minor deciding factors:  she didn't like the new Kushies training pants I just bought her and did not want to wear them again, and I kept dragging her to the bathroom all day long at the slightest indication of a potty dance.  On our third trip up the stairs, Evie started to sob, "I don't want to wear panties anymore, I want diapers!"

After an excellent day of no accidents in princess panties, Evie announced that she would be wearing diapers at school the next day.  I didn't fight her too much on that because I was afraid I would not be able to send enough clean pairs of pants, socks and extra shoes to school with her for three days straight.

Tomorrow, though, is going to be another diaper-less day.  Victory, WE ARE ON OUR WAY!

1 comment:

lillian said...

hip hip hooray doris!!!
this soon too will pass!