Sunday, April 18, 2010

Keeping Score

To: Anyone who knows how to pray
From:  A Mommy who is tired of cleaning up pee in all the wrong places
RE: Potty Training Saga 3 day Update.

Scoreboard--
Potty: 3
Floors/Area Rugs/Booster Seat at Dinner Table: 4.5



I have been cleaning up pee for days and I am tired of it.  Interestingly enough, we think we have found what works for Evie.  She can poop in the potty on her initiative, BUT she needs to be diaper-less and pants/panties-less.  Two of the three points for the potty reflect those moments.  However, I really think she doesn't think it is that big of a deal to pee on herself.  And it isn't that she doesn't know it is going to happen, because she will move herself off a couch or bed to pee on the floor, "on purpose" she tells me.

It also doesn't help that she is starting to develop a healthy dose of defiance and testing boundaries to see how far she can push Mommy.  Is it bad that I have truly desired to slap my child in the face when she won't stop screaming/kicking/hitting while I am trying to wash traces of pee off her legs?

Oh Lord.  I need your help.  Give me patience with this child or else one of us will lose our sanity before she turns 4 years old.

No comments: