Sunday, November 21, 2010

I am almost 11 months old!

Hi everyone!  This is Isaac writing.  My mommy has been really busy and tired so I thought I would write an update about me so everyone knows how I am doing!

Here is what I am up to now:

I am crawling FAST.  I have my own special type of crawl, with my left leg straight and my right leg bent at the knee so I look like I can sit down or stand up at any moment, or just keep crawling.  My mommy says I look like I came out of the Jungle Book.  I just think it is best to be ready for whatever I want to do.
 And I am very very fast.  My mommy and daddy said they aren't trying to help me walk because they know that I will start running very fast the same day I learn to walk.  I can walk if I am holding on to something, like a couch, or Mommy's legs.  I am also an EXCELLENT CLIMBER.  Once, I climbed all the way up to the second floor by myself with no help!  But then, because Mommy didn't know where I was to help me back down the stairs, I called her name.  When she found me upstairs, she said she was "shockedandscared".  I will have to look up that word one day.  Sometimes I like to crawl after the grey thing with four legs that everyone calls "Smokey".  I like to chase him around.  I really like it when I trap him because then I can try to give him a kiss or a hug.  Mommy and Daddy don't let me do that and talk about "scratching".  I let them know I think they are funny by laughing and trying to kiss Smokey again.  It's a fun game.  My big sister Evie likes to play crawling games with me and crawl with me on the floor.



I like my big sister Evie.  I like it when she plays with me, when she sings songs for me and dances for me when I am eating.  I like to take baths with her, and help Daddy when he is washing her hair.  I help by pulling her hair too!  I think she likes it because she makes a funny face and yells.  I also love to splash Mommy and Daddy.  Every day, Mommy and I take Evie to her school and we drop her off.   I like it when we pick her up from school because all the kids in her classroom try to play with me while Mommy is calling to Evie to stop having so much fun and get ready to go.  They like to give me toys and call me "Baby Isaac".  They pet my head and try to give me hugs.  I think I will like school one day if this is what it will be like!

Right now I have a cold so I have been coughing and sneezing a lot.  I let Mommy know when I have a tickle in my nose or throat by coughing and sneezing in her face.  I think Mommy knows how I feel because she is sneezing now too!  But I don't like it when Mommy tries to clean my drippy nose.  I try to run away when I see her coming with a tissue.

I have been very busy!  I go with my Mommy to meetings at churches, to help her buy food at the grocery store, and many different places.  We have also had many friends stay at our house recently.  I even got to spend some time with my Grammy and RayRay!  Mommy and Daddy and Evie took me to the beach for the first time a while ago!  I hated the sandy stuff everywhere, but I loved the water rushing around.


 I also liked the sound of the water and fell asleep on Daddy when he was walking me around the beach.  Evie and I also got to sleep in the same room and it was exciting!  Mommy and Daddy would say "good night" but then Evie would dance and sing songs for me and I would clap and laugh for her!  I don't think Mommy and Daddy liked her dancing and singing because they kept coming in to tell her words in loud voices.  


I just discovered books and I love it when Mommy reads them to me.  I really like our neighbor's dog, Rosie, because she is loud and loves to bark.  Whenever I hear her, I try to find her and call her name: "dauh".  I love to talk and have lots of things to say.  Sometimes Evie tells Mommy and Daddy that she is speaking for me, but I know she won't need to do that for much longer.

Here is me with a leaf that is bigger than my head.  It also tasted very delicious.

I hope everyone is going to have a great Thanksgiving!  I know I will!  I hope Mommy lets me try some turkey, I hear it's really good!

Love, Isaac

No comments: