Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Argh, Matey! We be Pirates!!

While digging around in his stash of belongings at his parents' house, Tim found an old colonial hat that he got in Williamsburg, VA when he was a kid.  Evie adopted it as her pirate hat.  

The other night, I heard a lot of "Arrrghhh, Matey!" and "We're Pirates!!" from the living room.  So I peeked in, with camera in hand. 

These pictures certainly showcase my adorable daughter.  But for me, they are really about my adorable husband, and how far he went to play pretend pirates with Evie after a long, hard day at work.  So raise your pirate sword to Tim Dalton and give a mighty ARGH!!  Shiver Me Timbers, Scalliwag! Ye's the best Buccaneer in all these parts!


Apparently, the turban was quite fashionable among pirates sailing the seven seas.  I also love how saying "ARGH" turns your mouth into a square shape.

After I took this picture, I had to sit down because I was laughing so hard I was weeping.
Tim makes a really jolly pirate.  

Evie was wondering why Pirates would wear a hot pink eyepatch underneath their yellow turban.
  Is this pirate fashion?  What would Tim Gunn say?

A close-up of Evie's scary pirate face.  You can also see her progressing overbite … 
Should I worry about this yet?

Isaac is too young to be a pirate.  Perhaps he would like to try a different profession in life, such as Professional Jumper, or Drool Master.

No comments: