Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy Belated Pre-Thanksgiving!

Yes, I know. Thanksgiving was ages ago, so of course anything Pre-Thanksgiving is like looking back to something from The Land Before Time. Now here we are, only 4 hours away from 2008, and how, HOW, gentle people, can I possibly deprive you of pictures that have been sitting on my hard drive for over a month before the clock rings 12:00 midnight and then my hard drive wipes out? In fact, all computers will crash and all communication, public utilities and government infrastructure on the Earth as we know it will self-destruct because computers don't know what to do when it becomes January 1, 2008.... oh wait. That was Y2K in 2000 and nothing happened.

Then consider these pictures as a belated pre-Thanksgiving present. Happy belated pre-Thanksgiving, everyone!

One morning, Tim stayed home later than usual to file some reports from home. After a delicious breakfast of oatmeal and yogurt, Evie joined him to try to delete the stuff he had just written.


It's cold here. That's why a puppy hat makes sense. It's really a pity that they don't make puppy hats for adults, too.


Alert: There is a story behind these pictures of a car. So one day during the time of pre-Thanksgiving, I was driving around town in my worn-out 1994 Altima that I only paid $8,500 for back in 1999 and had over 143,000 miles on it, when my car began to shake violently. I mean, really shaking and it didn't matter if I was rolling or sitting at a light. I felt like I was being made into a milkshake. I started to get a little nervous. About an hour later, I discovered I could no longer accelerate beyond 40 mph. I called Tim and told him I was witnessing the death of my beloved car. On Saturday, Tim was out jogging and passed this car for sale on a dealer's lot. On Monday, we went in after work for a test drive. On Tuesday, I was driving to work in our 2004 Subaru Outback. We traded in the Altima at the time of sale and the dealership very graciously gave us $400 for my milk-shake dying car.

In this picture, you can see that the length of the car almost matches the length of our itsy-bitsy backyard.

Okay, this picture is kinda cheating because this picture is actually taken during the time of Thanksgiving while we were in Tennessee. But you can never get tired of Evie with Food On Her Face pictures. This time, it is Evie a la Banana.

No comments: